1st CRC offers several opportunities for our youth to grow in their walk with Christ. As it states in 1 Corinthians, "the body is a unit, though it is made of many parts," so is the church of Christ made up of many parts including our children:
- Young Peoples - Meets biweekly on Wednesday nights - Open to 9th-12th grades - This year's theme is "Choices"
- Cadets - Meets biweekly on Wednesday nights - Cadets is a ministry that helps boys grow more Christlike in all areas of life. This year's theme is "God's In Control" based on Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
- GEMS (Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior) - Meets biweekly after school on Mondays - GEMS is the go-to ministry for girls' spiritual growth, providing real answers to the challenges girls face. This is for grades 4th-8th. This year's theme is "Unshakeable" based on Psalm 62:2 "Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."
- Catechism - Taught to students when they reach 3rd grade through 12th grade as part of their Sunday School lessons. Classes meet right after the morning worship service until 11:30am.
- Sunday School - Our goal is to lead little lambs to Jesus. Sunday School provides a way to feed our young lambs Bible stories geared to their age level, sing praises to God and being their journey of being a witness for their Lord and Savior. Sunday School starts at age 3 and goes through 12th grade. Sunday School meets after our morning worship service until 11:30am.
- Preschool Choir & Handbell Choir - the preschool choir meets prior to their Sunday school lesson and, on occasion, there is special music in our morning worship service. The preschool choir is from preschool through 2nd grade. The Hand bell choir is made up of kindergarten through 5th grade students. Both participate in our yearly Christmas program.
- Nursery - provided every morning and evening worship services for infants and toddlers.