Our God Is Able
After the Lenten and Easter season, we are going to be entering into a six-week series entitled, "The God Who is Able."
In this series, we are going to break from our normal chapter and verse format to a wide variety of text written by Paul describing the many ways that God is able to work with and for us, his people. As we come into this series, the main question that we are going to be asked is, "Do we believe that our God is able?"
We ask this question because often when we come to the troubles of life, or limitations of our heart, mind, and strength, we often think if we are unable, then so is the Lord. But as we have been reminded of in our PM series in Joshua, God is able to use many things to reveal his glory in our weaknesses because he is ABLE.
Some of the ways that we are going to be looking at the ways God is able will be from:
- Hebrews 7:25 - where we will focus on our God who is able to Save.
- 2 Timothy 1:23 - where we will focus on our God who is able to Keep.
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 - where we will focus on our God who is able to make Grace Abound
- Hebrews 2:18 - where we will focus on the God who is able to help us in Temptation
- Ephesians 3:20 - where we will focus on the God who is able to Grow us Spiritually
- Philippians 3:21 - we will finish our series remembering again the resurrection of our Lord, as the Confidence that our own bodies will be raised
As we walk through each of these passages, my prayer is that our confidence is the Lord will increase, our hope in the Lord will be more vivid, and the strength of the Lord will be that which gives us the endurance to say in the midst of all things, "Our God is Able."